Today, we’re sharing this simple grilled pork shoulder recipe that can be effortlessly prepared on the barbeque.
Cooking Pork Shoulder
Since pork shoulder is typically considered a tough and fatty cut of meat, relatively speaking that is, slow cooking is traditionally the way to go.
But grilling pork shoulder on the barbeque will also help to retain it’s juices. Our trick to help with this is to use an alluminum foil tray rather than placing the meet directly on the grill. And since the longer it cooks, the more tender it becomes, if you happen to over-cook it by a few minutes, the risk of drying it out is low.
A versatile cut of meat, pork shoulder comes with the bone-in or boneless. It’s perfect for slow cooking as a whole to make a tasty pulled pork recipe, or cut into smaller pieces for delicious and hearty stews.
How long should you grill pork shoulder
If cut into steaks as in this recipe, the pork shoulder will cook fairly quickly. You really only need about 5-7 minutes on each side for the meat to cook through completely without drying out too much.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Minimal ingredients are needed for making this delicious and juicy grilled pork shoulder recipe. Simply cut the pork shoulder roast into 1″ thick steaks and add some seasoning. You can use either salt and pepper or this Grill Mates Pork Rub along with Italian seasoning to prepare the meat for grilling.
How to Cook Pork Shoulder on the BBQ
Grilled Pork Shoulder Recipe
- Cut pork shoulder roast into 1” thick steaks.
- Season with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning spice on all sides. If using Grill Mates Pork Rub instead, there is no need to season with salt and pepper.
- Mariante the seasoned pork for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Use an aluminum foil tray for grilling on the barbeque. This will ensure the meat stays juicy and tender. Sprinkle tray with vegetable oil. Place the aluminum tray on the BBQ to heat up.
- Place seasoned pork shoulder roast steaks on to the tray when hot.
- Grill the pork shoulder strips, flipping over several times until tender.
What to Serve Alongside Grilled Pork Shoulder?
Serve your grilled pork shoulder along side any one of these delicious side dishes:
- Boston baked beans
- Cooked flat beans
- Risi e Bisi (aka rice and peas)
- Frozen perogies with breadcrumbs
- Steamed cauliflower with breadcrumbs
Like it? Pin it for later!