Today, we’re sharing this simple grilled pork shoulder recipe that can be effortlessly prepared on the barbeque.
Cooking Pork Shoulder
Since pork shoulder is typically considered a tough and fatty cut of meat, relatively speaking that is, slow cooking is traditionally the way to go. But grilling pork shoulder on the barbeque will also help to retain it’s juices. And since the longer it cooks, the more tender it becomes, if you happen to over-cook it by a few minutes, the risk of drying it out is low.
A versatile cut of meat, pork shoulder comes with the bone in or boneless. It’s perfect for slow cooking as a whole to make a tasty pulled pork recipe or can be cut into smaller pieces for delicious and hearty stews.
Ingredients for Grilling Pork Shoulder
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Minimal ingredients are needed for making this delicious and juicy grilled pork shoulder recipe. Simply cut the pork shoulder roast into 1″ strips and add some seasoning, either salt and pepper or this Grill Mates Pork Rub along with Italian seasoning to prepare the meat for grilling.
How to Cook Pork Shoulder on the BBQ:
Grilled Pork Shoulder Recipe
- Pork Shoulder Roast boneless
- Salt and Pepper or Grill Mates Pork Rub
- Italian seasoning
- Vegetable Oil
- Cut pork shoulder roast into 1” thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning spice on all sides.
- If using Grill Mates Pork Rub instead, there is no need to season with salt and pepper.
- Mariante the seasoned pork for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Use an aluminum foil tray for grilling on the barbeque. This will ensure the meat stays juicy and tender.
- Sprinkle tray with vegetable oil.
- Place the aluminum tray on the BBQ to heat up.
- Place seasoned pork shoulder roast strips on to the tray when hot.
- Grill the pork shoulder strips, flipping over several times until tender.
What to Serve Alongside Grilled Pork Shoulder?
Serve your grilled pork shoulder along side any one of these delicious side dishes:
Like it? Pin it for later!