Considered a comfort food in our house, this delicious and flavorful pulled pork recipe made using a slow cooker can’t be any easier to make.
Best Pulled Pork Recipe
There are a few meals we regularly use our slow cooker for and this easy to make pulled pork recipe is one of them. With minimal prep work needed, we place the pork tenderloin to cook for an afternoon while we continue on our day around the house.
Although most often other pulled pork recipes call for a cut of pork shoulder, our main preference is a pork tenderloin since it is a leaner cut of meat without the higher fat content.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- Pork Tenderloin, pre packaged
- Bullseye BBQ sauce in a Hickory Smoke flavor
Additional Ingredients For Making Pulled Prok Sandwiches
- Buns; either dinner rolls or small brioche (slider buns)
- 1-2 cooking onions
- Garlic Aiole as desired
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Pulled Pork Crock Pot Recipe
Remove pork tenderloin from packaging and place it inside the slow cooker.
Brush on 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce over top of the tenderloin or alternatively, coat it with some pork rub seasoning mix for added flavor if desired.
Set the slow cooker to high setting and cook for for 4 hours or until the pork shreds easily. To check if the pork shreds easily, use a fork and pull the meat apart.
Keep in the mind that the longer the pork tenderloin cooks, the more tender the meat will be.
When ready, strain the liquid that accumulates at the bottom of the slow cooker and then begin to shred the pork using two forks gently pulling the meat apart as shown.
While still in the slow cooker, pour the barbeque sauce over the shredded meat and mix together. You can add as much or as little barbeque sauce as you like. Typically we use about 3/4 of a 425ml bottle of barbeque sauce for our cooked pulled pork.
Continue to cook the pulled pork on a low setting for 1-2 hours stirring occassionally until ready.
To Make Pulled Pork Sandwiches
In the meantime, slice cooking onions into rings and place them in a frying pan with some olive oil. Simmer the onions on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occassionally.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread a thin layer of garlic aiole to the inside of the buns; place a good amount of pulled pork and top with shredded cheese and sauteed onions. Enjoy!
Serve Pulled Pork Alongside these Tasty Dishes:
Best Ever Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
- Slow Cooker
- Pork Tenderloin pre packaged
- Barbeque sauce Hickory Smoke, Bullseye
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Buns dinner rolls or small brioche (slider buns)
- 2 Sauteed onions
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Garlic Aiole
- Remove from packaging and place tenderloin inside slow cooker.
- Brush on 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce over top of tenderloin.
- Cook in slow cooker for 4 hours on high setting or until shreds easily.
- Shred the cooked pork using two forks pulling the meat apart.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the shredded meat and mix together until coated.
- Continue to cook on low setting for 1-2 hours.
- In the meantime, slice onions into rings and place in frying pan with olive oil to saute. Simmer on low for 1 hour.
- When ready, assemble all ingredients for making pulled pork sandwiches.
Like it? Pin it for later!