A classic dessert for special occasions, this hershey kiss cookie recipe is the perfect combination of shortbread, powdered sugar and sweet chocolate.
Hershey Kiss Cookie Recipe
We didn’t get a chance to share this recipe for making Hershey Kiss cookies before the holidays but figured better late than never!
As I gather all of the baking supplies needed for the holidays, Hershey kisses are always at the top of my list. Not only to enjoy as a fix for my chocolate cravings but to make these sweet Hershey Kiss cookies.
It’s as if the chocolate kisses are wrapped inside a warm hug! If these cookies could talk, I’m sure they would say “I love you”. And I would say it back 😀
How to Store Hershey Kiss Cookies
The shortbread surrounding the Hershey Kisses generally freezes really well in an airtight container for up to 6 months. If you know you’ll be freezing a batch, hold off on rolling in the powdered sugar until you’re ready to serve them.
Hershey Kiss Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- Additional powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer add the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Carefully add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, to the butter mixture. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop balls of dough. Take 1 dough ball at a time and flatten it out with your hand. Place a Hershey Kiss chocolate in the center. Roll the dough back into a ball.
- Place the rolled Hershey Kiss cookies on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until the bottoms start to become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for just 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl add your powdered sugar, then roll each cookie in the sugar until coated.
In fact, I’ve even made candy jars by repurposing empty glass jars to hold my Hershey kisses. These LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH candy jars as well as these painted Christmas jars and I can’t forget about these sweetheart gift jars are just a few of the jars I’ve made…I told you I like these chocolates!
More Homemade Cookie Recipes
To satisfy your sweet tooth, we have some more homemade cookie recipes you’ll want to try out this year.
- Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies
- Croatian Skoljkice Shell Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Croatian Kiflice Jam Filled Crescent Cookies
- Waffle Cookies
- Pecan Shortbread Cookies
These Hershey kiss cookies are a definite favorite of ours. Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?
Like it? Pin it for later!