Open up your liquor cabinet for this easy to follow dessert recipe for making a light and fluffy Whiskey bundt cake that is full of flavor.
Delicious Bundt Cake Recipe Using Whiskey
Although we’ve shared many cake recipes on the blog, such as our classic plum cake and this best tasting carrot cake and versatile zucchini cake; it is our first-ever bundt cake recipe. You’ll enjoy the lightness of this sweet Whiskey bundt cake recipe and if you don’t have any Whiskey; well you can easily substitute it for Rum instead.
The sweet Whiskey glaze adds to the already moist texture of the cake and the cinnamon sugar swirl in the center gives the cake an interesting color. Enjoying this flavorful bundt cake with a cup of hot coffee or tea is a real treat.
Whiskey Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 tbsp Whiskey
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup Whiskey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- walnuts for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Spray a 9-inch bundt cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar and cream and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, mix to combine well after each egg.
- Add in the sour cream and mix until combined.
- Add the Whiskey and mix until combined.
- Gradually begin to add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon mixture ingredients and stir together.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon brown sugar mixture on top of the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top of cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Smooth this layer evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15-20 minutes in the bundt pan.
- After cooling, turn onto a serving plate.
- Allow to cool.
- Prepare the glaze: In a medium bowl add the powdered sugar, Whiskey, vanilla and cream and mix until combined.
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake and garnish with walnuts.
More Dessert Recipes to Try
If you love baking as much as we do, then you’ll love these heavenly dessert recipes:
- Decadent German chocolate brownies
- Jam filled Linzer cookies
- Delectable apple pavlova
Like it? Pin it for later!
Friday 7th of April 2023
I’m confused. It says to add cream with the butter but I just see 1/2 cup of cream listed in the icing. The sour cream is listed to come later. How much heavy cream?
Wednesday 23rd of November 2022
Hey! Step 4 mentions adding cream. Step 5 says add sour cream. So is there supposed to be heavy cream added to the batter also?
Tuesday 8th of February 2022
Can I use half and half instead of heavy cream?
Jane and Sonja
Friday 8th of April 2022
Hi there, you can substitute the half and half instead of heavy cream but we'd recommend adding a bit of butter to the half and half portion.