This easy to make carrot cake recipe guarantees a sweet, delicious and moist dessert with a tangy smooth cream cheese frosting that all will enjoy.
Grandma’s Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
The classic combination of a sweet carrot cake with the tanginess of a cream cheese frosting is a tried and true recipe our family has been indulging in for years. Although at times we opt for a simpler sprinkled icing sugar topping instead of the frosting, the carrot cake erved with a fresh pot of coffee or hot tea always satisfies.
Carrot Cake Recipe Variations
For additional flavor options, consider adding raisins or chopped walnuts to the carrot cake batter before baking.
Best Ever Carrot Cake Recipe
- stand mixer or electric mixer
- Grease a 9”x13” glass pan.
- Preheat the oven to 365F.
- Shred carrots.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat eggs for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and mix until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Slowly pour oil into the egg and sugar mixture. Continue mixing for a few minutes until ingredients are well blended and a creamy texture forms.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture and mix at a slow speed.
- Lastly, add shredded carrots (and any other optional ingredients such as raisins or chopped walnuts) to batter and stir with a wooden spoon just until blended.
- Bake at 365F for 30-40 minutes. Check that the cake is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick into the center, if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Prepare frosting by combining cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice and mixing at a medium speed until all ingredients are blended and icing appears smooth and creamy.
- When the cake cools completely, spread the cream cheese frosting over top and serve!
Do you have a favourite carrot recipe?
Like it? Pin it for later!