An ultimate satisfying main dish option, this hearty beef and vegetable goulash is prepared in one cooking pot.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Beef and Vegetable Goulash – A Comfort Food
All the comforting flavors you’d want and expect in a hearty main dish. It’s perfect meal idea for the fall and winter months especially but can also be made throughout the year for an easy all in one pot cooking recipe.
Make it ahead of time like on the weekend if your week days are too busy. This will store well in the fridge and can be consumed over several days.
Equipment and/or Kitchen Accessories Needed
All in one Pot Hearty Beef and Vegetable Goulash
- 1 Large cooking pot
- 2 lbs beef cubed
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 medium carrots cubed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 3 small white potatoes cubed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4-5 cups hot water divided
- In a large cooking pot, cook stewing beef 3-5 minutes to drain juices out. Discard the juices but keep beef in the pot.
- Add 3 tbsp vegetable oil and heat.
- Add chopped onions and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add celery and carrots and mix all together.
- Saute for another 20-30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water to the sauteed mixture. If the mixture appears dry, add another cup of hot water.
- Continue cooking on low-medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Next, add the cubed potatoes but keep in mind there needs to be enough liquid in the pan to submerge the potatoes. .
- Dilute 2 cups of hot water with 2 tbsp of tomato paste and pour in to the pot. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and continue cooking until meat is tender and potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Approximately another 30-45 minutes of cooking time will be needed.
- Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Beef and Vegetable Goulash
Since this main dish comes already fully loaded with meat and veggies, all that is really needed alongside is a fresh loaf of homemade white bread or beautiful braided loaf or dinner rolls. You’ll enjoy dipping the soft bread into the broth and soaking up all the juices.
Other All in One Cooking Recipes
If you’re looking for other recipes for makin dishes in a single cooking pot, here are a few of our favorites:
- ground beef and potato casserole recipe
- Instant Pot bean soup recipe
- classic beef goulash recipe
- flat beans and pork stew recipe
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit us here on the blog. We hope you find this all in one pot beef and vegetable goulash as satisfying as we do! Let us know in the comments below. Happy cooking, friends!
Like it? Pin it for later!