A perfect cold weather main dish, this easy to make Instant Pot bean soup is both hearty and delicious.
Tasty Bean Soup with Bacon
We are big fans of hearty soups and delicious comfort foods, meals such as this white beans and barley soup, classic beef goulash and ground beef with potatoes casserole are some of our all-time favorites. They are all one dish meal ideas that are full and entirely satisfying.
For this Instant Pot bean soup recipe, we recommend using jowl bacon, a nice cured and smoked cut of meat that is full of flavor with a smooth and silky texture.
Instant Pot Bean Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb Jowl Bacon
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ onion
- 1 48oz jar of large white beans Randalls Deluxe Great Northern Beans
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Onion Powder
- Prep your veggies! Dice the carrot, celery, and onion and add to the Instant Pot.
- Empty the entire jar of beans into the pot (including the brine) over the veggies.
- Cut the Jowl Bacon to bit size pieces and also add to the pot.
- Pour 1-1 ½ cups water, just enough to barely cover the ingredients.
- Season with salt, pepper, and 1 ½ tsp each garlic powder and onion powder. Stir to mix.
- Seal the lid and set the Instant Pot setting to Chili – 35 mins.
- Once done release the pressure valve.
- Once the pressure is all out, serve. Enjoy!
More Instant Pot Recipes
Using the Instant Pot allows for easy, quick and convienent meal prep with all ingredients combined in one large cooking pot, minimizing the mess while maximizing the flavor.
If you’re looking for more Instant Pot meal ideas and desserts, check out these convienent recipes:
Like it? Pin it for later!