A delicious pork stew recipe cooked slowly over the stove with a mix of satisfying, nutrient-filled whole beans, potatoes, onions and tomatoes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Making a Delicious, Satisifying Pork Stew
Any main dish loaded with delicious goodness and prepared in a single pot is a big hit in our home. We’ve used these whole flat beans in other recipes, such as our cooked flat beans and tomato sidedish, they are full of nutrients and have a sweet, appealing taste. And what’s better than working one large pot for the entire stew, reducing the kitchen clean up afterwards?
There is something comforting and completey satisfying when it comes to single pot meals. Similar to our ground beef and potato casserole, Instant Pot bean soup recipe and our classic goulash, this flat beans and pork stew is slowly cooked over the stove top in a large pot.
Flat Beans and Pork Stew Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin cubes or 4 pork chops, boneless
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can crushed tomatoes or use 2 fresh large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups flat beans
- 1 large potato cubed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flour
- water as needed
- Add 2 tbsp oil and saute the pork for a few minutes (approximately, 7 minutes). Add salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and stire together.
- Add whole flat beans (yellow or green) and the cubed potatoes and stir together.
- Add water to submerge beans. Cover and let simmer for 40 minutes on low-medium heat. Check to ensure enough liquid to avoid burning. Stir occasionally.
- After 35 minutes, melt 2 tbsp flour over 1 cup cold water. Pour flour mixture over the stew to give it thickness. Continue cooking for at least another 5 minutes.
- Once the beans and potatoes are soft enough, the stew is finished.
Serve Alongside these Tasty Side Dishes
A slice of fresh homemade bread is our favorite pairing for this pork stew. Dip and soak the bread in the stew broth to fully enjoy the experience of a satisfying main dish.
Like it? Pin it for later!
Thursday 9th of September 2021
All the comforting flavors I want in a delicious fall soup! Hearty enough to be a filling meal. Love it!
Jane and Sonja
Monday 1st of November 2021
Thank you so much Glenda! It is so perfect as the days get colder.