If you are new to making fresh, homemade bread, you will absolutely love this simple and easy to follow dinner roll recipe.
Grandma’s (aka Baka’s) Best Dinner Roll Recipe
Ever since our mother started making her own easy homemade white bread she hasn’t looked back. We often talk about the money that could have been saved if only she had started making homemade bread sooner! With only a few ingredients needed to make a fresh loaf of bread, the cost of the ingredients in comparsion to a store-bought loaf can be shocking.
Additionally, making homemade bread and dinner rolls mean there are no added preservatives. And further to this, we’ve switched to an unbleached white flour over the bleached variety as it’s a more natural alternative without any effect on the finished bread loaf.
These warm, soft dinner rolls pair well with main dishes, such as our classic beef goulash or hearty white beans and barley soup but are also tasty when served with quince jam, membrillo, mulberry jam or other sweet jam along side a cup of hot steeped tea.
- 4 cups flour, unbleached white
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups warm milk, divided
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup butter at room temperature (not melted)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
How to Make Dinner Rolls:
In a mixer, combine flour, salt, and soft butter.
In the meantime, combine ¾ cups warm milk, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes until it rises.
Add the yeast mixture and 1 cup of warm milk to the flour mixture. Continue mixing for about 5-7 minutes.
Remove the dough from mixing bowl and knead by hand on a clean floured surface for 1 minute.
Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
Divide into 12 pieces and work them into a ball shape as you place them inside a 9″x12” deep dish pan.
Bake in the oven at 390F for 30 minutes or until the top of the bread begins to turn color .
Serve These Dinner Rolls along side these Delicious Main Dishes:
- Classic Beef Goulash
- Homestyle Crispy Chicken Strips
- Simply and Savory Shrimp Scampi
- Hearty White Beans and Barley Soup
If you happen to have any leftover buns, you can turn them into homemade bread crumbs.
Easy Homemade Dinner Roll Recipe
- 9"x12" deep dish pan
- In a mixer, mix together flour, salt, and butter.
- Separately, combine ¾ cups warm milk, yeast and sugar in a small bowl and let it rest for 5-10 minutes until it rises.
- Add the yeast mixture and 1 cup of warm milk to the flour mixture. Continue mixing for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead by hand on a clean floured surface for 1 minute.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Divide into 12 pieces and work them into a ball shape as you place them inside a 9”x12” deep dish pan.
- Bake in oven at 390F for 30 minutes.
Like it? Pin it for later!