A delicious combination of pasta, fresh veggies and pre-cooked chickpeas all together in a homemade vinegairette dressing. All the ingredients come together quickly and easily, making this chickpea pasta salad recipe an obvious choice for your next side dish.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Chickpea Pasta Salad Made Easy
If you didn’t already know, chickpeas are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Their unique firm texture and mildly nutty flavor make them the perfect addition to many salads. So not only are they healthy but they taste great too.
You can easily change up the ingredients for whatever in season (and locally grown) veggies are available. Personally, I’ll swap out the asparagus for chopped zuchinni once the asparagus is no longer in season.
Making a Homemade Vinegairette
So many of our delicious salad recipes here on the blog are made using our homemade apple cider vinegar. Just to give you an idea, here are a few other recipes that call for this same vinegar:
Easy Chickpea Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked pasta penne or any pasta of your choosing
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot shredded
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 3-4 raw asparagus chopped
- 2 cups flat cabbage shredded
- 1 540ml chickpeas can of pre-cooked chickpeas, partially drained
- ¼ cup dried cranberries optional
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaging instructions. Drain the water. Drizzle and mix ½ tbsp vegetable oil to prevent noodles from sticking together. Salt pasta as well. Put aside until pasta is cooled completely.
- In the meantime, chop and shred all vegetables (except garlic) and combine in a large sized bowls
- Mix oil, vinegar and garlic to make the vinegairette dressing.
- Combine all together.
- Add cranberries and partially drained chickpeas last.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Salad Recipes
If you’re looking for more salad recipes, any one of these tasty options will be sure to please:
- Iceburg Wedge Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad with Pickles
- Non Creamy Pasta Salad
- Non Creamy Potato Salad
- Romano Bean Salad
- Easy Sliced Egg Salad
- Sliced Tomato Salad
- Red Cabbage Coleslaw
- Apple Celery Salad
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit us here on the blog. We’d love to know how you chickpea pasta salad reipe turned out. Be sure to let us know in the comments below. Which other ingredients would you consider adding or using instead?
Like it? Pin it for later!