You can’t get much simpler than this sliced cucumber salad with a classic (non-creamy) oil and vinegar dressing. It’s a refreshing and satisfying green side dish that pairs well with most main dishes, especially anything grilled on the barbeque.
Cucumber Salad with Classic Oil and Vinegar Dressing
English cucumbers with their thin skin and minimal seeds are the best variety of cucumbers to use for this tasty salad. Best prepared when cucumbers are fresh, firm and cool from being kept in the refridgerator.
We have a similar recipe for non-creamy potato salad using a oil and vinegar dressing. It’s lighter and healthier than the creamy alternative although just as flavorful.
Non-Creamy Sliced Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar apple cider or balsamic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers and cut into ⅛” thick slices placing them in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the finely chopped garlic, vinegar and oil and mix altogether.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste and mix altogether before serving.
More Salads using Fresh Ingredients
Few things beat a healthy feel-good salad made from fresh ingredients, especially when those ingredients are grown locally. Here are our favorite garden salad recipes:
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Sliced Tomato Salad
- Yellow Pole Bean Salad
- Simple Strawberry and Kale Salad
- Iceburg Wedge Salad
- Easy Spring Mix Salad
Like it? Pin it for later!