This juicy and flavourful sliced tomatoes salad is the perfect way to enjoy the season’s fresh tomatoes and herbs. The tender, sweet heirloom tomatoes absorb the rich flavours of basil, parsley, garlic and olive oil.
I can barely wait each year for tomatoes from mom and dad’s garden. There’s nothing quite like the sweet, meaty taste of tomatoes ripened on the vine in the sun.
When the season comes we make the most of it! From salads, appetizers, salsa, sauce, juice and more, our tomatoes take front and center in late summer and early fall cooking.
Combined with the fresh herbs and garlic also thriving in the garden you can’t go wrong!
This simple sliced tomatoes salad with fresh basil, parsley, garlic and olive oil is a family favourite! It goes perfectly alongside our grilled chicken shish kabobs, or on their own with a slice of fresh, home baked white bread.
Moreover, this recipe is so easy to adapt and make your own. Try:
- sprinkling some fresh feta cheese over top;
- drizzling with some homemade apple cider vinegar or this soy silan dressing (made with date syrup!);
- adding mozzarella medallions and a balsamic glaze.
Sliced Tomatoes Salad with Basil, Garlic and Olive Oil
- 4 large fresh tomatoes such as beefsteak or heirloom
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and cut tomatoes crosswise into thick slices.
- Spread out in a single layer onto a large serving tray.
- Sprinkle with parsley, basil, garlic, salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
What is your favourite way to enjoy in-season tomatoes?
Like it? Pin it for later!