Sharing this simple, classic dessert recipe for making a delicious bundt cake with a hint of citrus orange.
Delicious Orange Bundt Cake
The beauty of a bundt cake is it requires very little decoration, simply remove it from the pan, let it cool and sprinkle with icing sugar or a smooth glaze. In this case, we’ve covered the bundt cake in a dusting of sifted powdered sugar. No need to waste time spreading a frosting, fondant or icing over top; which in my case rarely looks as good as I imagine it should. The bundt cake pan itself typically has a decorative shape wither swirls or ridges, which gives the cake just enough interest.
At certain times of the year, buying and eating fresh oranges is an absolute must. They are juicy, fresh and full of Vitamin C. Because of our climate, we don’t grow oranges locally but rather have them imported from California and sometimes Florida. This orange bundt cake recipe is especially great to make when you have those fresh oranges on hand. Alternatively, you can also make this cake with the juice from a lemon, which gives it a refreshing citrus flavor.
Classic Orange Bundt Cake
- Combine yeast, 1 tbsp sugar and milk in a cup and let sit for 5 minutes while preparing batter. Cover with a paper towel to speed up the yeast rising.
- Melt butter.
- Combine butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, egg yolks and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together until creamy.
- Add yeast mixture and continue mixing.
- Add vanilla sugar and rum and continue mixing.
- Add the flour and juice from an orange to the mixing bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add raisins (if desired).
- When all blended, let the batter sit for ½ hour in the same bowl covered with a paper towel or kitchen cloth.
- Use a spatula and mix again, leave the batter for another 20 minutes covered.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake 375F for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the cake is ready. It is better to be undercooked than overcooked.
- Remove from the pan. Once cool enough to the touch, remove the pan and let it cool completely on the wire rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar when cool.
More Delicious Cake Recipes to Try:
Is there such a thing as too much cake? Not a chance if you ask us! Whether you’re looking for something sweet made with fresh fruit or another bundt cake such as this tasty whiskey bundt cake, we’ve got you covered. Check out any one of these delicious and moist cake recipes.
- Whiskey bundt cake
- Cocoa apple cake
- Classic plum cake
- Best ever carrot cake
- Zucchini cake with berries
- Chocolate and coconut mini heart cake
Like it? Pin it for later!