From spreads and marinades to simple seasoning, with so many uses for smooth and delicious homemade garlic butter recipe, it’s no wonder a batch of it gets used up so quickly in the kitchen!
Smooth and Creamy Homemade Garlic Butter Recipe
With local garlic season just around the corner, I can’t wait to make a batch homemade garlic butter. There are so many wonderful ways to use delicious and fresh garlic butter in your day to day cooking from making baked rosemary chicken thighs, tasty oven baked scallops or simple frozen perogies. Or even more simply, use the garlic butter as a spread on homemade white bread or this beautiful braided bread loaf and enjoy!
Since we grow our own garlic in our vegetable garden, we’re careful to not let any part of the garlic go to waste and that includes using the garlic scapes to make pesto. There is something about fresh garlic that just simply can’t be matched.
Be sure to use butter softened at room temperature and then add the garlic minced by a garlic press. The addition of the red wine will intensify and enhance the flavors and aroma of the garlic butter.
Homemade Garlic Butter Recipe
- 2 cups butter room temp (salted)
- 5 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped finely
- 3 tbsp red wine optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- If using unsalted butter, add salt to the recipe.
- Mix garlic and parsley in a small bowl, add a dash of salt and pepper and let sit for 1 minute.
- Place butter in a mixing bowl and add the other ingredients. Mix until all are well blended.
- Butter will turn almost white in color.
- Scoop out of the mixing bowl and place in a butter dish with a lid. Keep in the fridge and use as needed.
Like it? Pin it for later!