A homestyle ground beef and leek casserole recipe incorporating macaroni and loads of cheesy goodness all in one satisfying and delicious main dish.
Ground Beef and Leek Casserole
In addition to making our non-creamy potato leek soup recipe, we love to incorporate leeks into a classic casserole dish. Both recipes make for healthy and hearty meal options that are worth making and sharing with family and friends.
Preparing Leeks for Cooking
- Trim off the roots and the leafy green part of the tops.
- Cut the leeks in half lengthways.
- Wash under a running tap, fanning the layers and rinsing away any grit or soil trapped between them.
- Drain thoroughly to eliminate excess water and slice into 1/2′” long pieces.
Homestyle Ground Beef and Leek Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2 leeks large or 2 med stalks
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley dry or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Vegeta
- 3 cups elbow macaroni or favorite pasta shape
- 1.5 cups mozzarella shredded
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Saute ground beef for 10 minutes in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Wash leeks well with water, then drain. Prepare leeks by slicing and chopping.
- In the meantime, cook pasta with 1 tbsp oil and pinch of salt. Cook following packaging instructions. Drain pasta.
- Add to sauteed ground beef along with garlic and parsley, salt and pepper and Vegeta to a large bowl with prepared leeks.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to ground beef mixture and add 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Mix all ingredients together.
- Transfer to the greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 370F uncovered or until the cheese is melted and golden in color.
- Remove and serve immediately.
More Ground Beef Recipes to Try
Here are several other much-loved recipes using ground beef as the main ingredient in these other homestyle dishes.
- Ground Beef and Potato Casserole
- Easy Skillet Lasagna
- Taco Salad Recipe
- Easy Meat Lasagna
- Best Beef & Pork Meatloaf
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit us here on the blog. Please let us know how you enjoyed you ground beef and leek casserole in the comments below.
Like it? Pin it for later!