Delicious and oh-so satisfying, this easy to make beef and pork meatloaf recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
Easy to Follow Recipe for Making Delicious Meatloaf
Combining beef and pork into this classic meatloaf recipe, ensures the loaf will remain moist and tender and full of flavor. The dish comes together fairly quickly by mixing all ingredients in one large bowl either by hand or using an electric mixer or stand mixer. Once fully cooked, remove from the oven and allow it cool for a few minutes. Save the juices from the pan and pour it over top of the cooked meatloaf before serving for added flavor and moistness.
Pressed for time?
Sometimes finding an hour to bake in the oven is a challenge. So instead of making a meatloaf, you can form the meat mixture into individual patties. Once all ingredients are combined, separate it into 1 cup portions and form them into single patties. Fry the patties on the stovetop in a pan with hot oil.
Best Beef & Pork Meatloaf Recipe
- ½ kg ground beef
- ½ kg ground pork
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 4 small buns dried or sliced toast bread Needs to be dry or can use fresh bread and toast in toaster
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Vegeta or other seasoning
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Break bread into smaller pieces and place in a bowl, add milk and leave it to soak for a few minutes. Bread will soften. If there is excess milk, drain it.
- Saute chopped onions about 2-3 minutes to release flavor.
- Place meat in a large bowl (can use a Kitchen Aid mixer).
- Add bread, onions and all other ingredients.
- Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Place bread crumbs on the work surface.
- Once blended, remove from the bowl and transfer on the work surface.
- Form into a loaf shape.
- Use a bread loaf pan.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Bake covered at 350F for 1 hour.
Serve Your Meatloaf Alongside these Tasty Side Dishes
Wondering what goes well with a beef and pork meatloaf? Consider any one of these tasty side dishes to enjoy along side your meatleaf.
- Rice and peas
- Swiss chard and potatoes
- Non-creamy potato salad
- Strawberry and kale salad
- Steamed cauliflower
Like it? Pin it for later!