A perfect way to use over-ripe bananas, this quick and easy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe will surely become a go-to favorite recipe.
Quick and Easy to Make Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Any time I find myself with over-ripe bananas on my kitchen counter, I’ll make a quick batch of these ultra moist and delicious banana muffins. And if I’m not in the mood to bake, I’ll peel the ripe bananas and place them in an airtight freezer bag in the freezer for later use.
How Long to Bake Banana Muffins
With banana muffins (or banana bread for that matter), you want to avoid over-baking them in the oven to keep them moist and soft. The lonest I’ve ever baked my banana muffins inthe oven is 22 minutes at 360F but since everyone’s oven temperature varies, it may take some trial and error to determine the best time in your oven.
A good trick is to poke the center with a clean toothpick when you suspect they are close to ready. If the toothpick come sout clean, the muffins are ready.
Freezing Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Over the years it’s been my go-to recipe that I enjoy making and sharing with the family. The muffins also freeze very well so you can make them ahead of time and take them out of the freezer later. Be sure to cool them completely before transferring to an air-tight freezer bag or container to store in the freezer.
Go-To Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups flour all purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- Melt butter, let sit for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Add egg and melted butter and mix all together with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture in to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon just until all is combined.
- Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Transfer to a greased muffin tray and bake at 360F for 20-22 minutes.
- You can also make as banana bread using the same batter by transferring to a greased loaf pan and baking at 360F for 55 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- Instead of chocolate chips, use fresh or frozen blueberries
More Homemade Muffins you’ll love!
For all you fellow muffin fans, here are a some additional recipes to try and enjoy –
- Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- Light & Fluffy Blueberry Muffins
- Ultimate Rhubarb Muffins
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit. Be sure to let us know how your banana chocolate chip muffins turn out in the comments below!
Like it? Pin it for later!