With no baking involved, these easy-to-make birds nest cookies are the perfect treat for Easter time.
Making Easter Nest Cookies
Combining salted pretzel sticks and a sweet, smooth chocolate ganache makes for an easy recipe that the kids will love. Resembling little birds nests with colorful candy coated chocolate eggs on top, they are almost too cute to eat!
Our kids love this dessert recipe, not only because they are adorable but the combination of salty sticks and sweet chocolate make for a satisfying combination.
No-Bake Birds Nest Cookies
- Pretzel sticks salted, 200g, broken into 1” pieces
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi sweet
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbsp water
- Chocolate eggs 1 pack
- In a heavy pot, melt chocolate chips and butter on low heat to avoid burning. Stir often until chocolate fully melted.
- Add powdered sugar and 2 tbsp of water.
- Continue to mix until smooth.
- If too thick, add another 1-2 tbsp water. Mix well.
- Alternatively, use a double boiler with steam over boiling water to melt chocolate.
- Work small batches at a time, separate ¼ of the mixture into a small bowl.
- Grab about 6-8 pretzel sticks and dip them into the mixture. With a spoon, scoop out and remove the coated pretzel sticks. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper, forming them into a small nest shape with the centers slightly flattened to hold chocolate eggs.
- Place 2-3 chocolate eggs in the center.
- Continue until all nests are formed.
- Leave them to cool completely so that the chocolate hardens.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes
More Easter Baking
Wishing you all a very happy Easter!
Like it? Pin it for later!