A simple, made-from-scratch dessert recipe for making a batch of peanut butter and oatmeal cookies. These tasty cookies are not overly sweet but are perfectly crumbly and make for a great dessert option during the day or alongside a cup of coffee or tea.
Tasty Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Cookies
I’ll be completely honest, peanut butter cookies in themselves are not my favorite types of cookies. I find them to be overly sweet, sugary and even heavy, which is why I love to add oats to the recipe. Combining oatmeal with peanut butter makes for a lighter and less sugary taste.
And for an added flavor and texture, you can also add a 1/2 cup of shredded coconuts into the cookie dough before rolling in to balls for baking.
Ultimate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut optional
- Mix together butter and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add sugars and egg and continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add shredded coconut to the dough if desired.
- Transfer ½ tbsp size dough, form into a ball on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and press down gently with a fork.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
More Cookie Recipes to Try
We have plenty more satisfying homestyle cookie recipes to try here on the blog. These are just a few of our favorite go-to cookies recipes.
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Meringue Cookies
- Croatian Peach Cookies
Like it? Pin it for later!