If you love the taste of carrot cake, then you’ll be sure to also love these deliciously scrumptious carrot cake cookies. Loaded with the same tasty goodness, these cookies are a nice alternative to a classic carrot cake recipe.
Simple Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
Above all other desserts, my youngest niece has most enjoyed our best-ever carrot cake recipe so it’s a certainty that she’ll also enjoy these delicious cookies. In fact, they make for a better dessert option for her back to school lunches as they’ll be easier to pack.
Once the batter is prepared, I often will bake only a portion of them at a time leaving the remaining batter in the fridge (or even the freezer). This way the cookies remain soft and freshly baked over several days. Afterall, few things beat freshly baked cookies! Well, perhaps freshly baked bread comes in at a close second;).
Scrumptious Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar packed
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Fold in the old fashioned oats, chopped walnuts and grated carrots.
- Use a small cookie scoop, scoop some dough onto the cookie trays about 2 inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
From cookies to cakes, strudels and muffins, we’ve got you covered for mouth-watering dessert recipes. Check out these baked good options for your next dessert.
- Rhubarb muffins
- Strawberry rhubarb crisp
- Cinnamon apple rhubarb pie
- Zucchini cake
- Double chocolate zucchini brownies
Like it? Pin it for later!