These delectable, crunchy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are high up on my dessert list of favorite cookie recipes to make and enjoy. Trust me, one small bite and you’ll understand why that is the case.
Crunchy Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
What’s better than freshly baked cookies? In my personal opinion, few things are better than enjoying warm, freshly baked cookies straight out of the oven. So one of the best aspects of this recipe is that the dough once prepared, can stay in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. Be sure to store the dough in an air tight container and then simply remove to bake a small batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies daily.
We’ve added semi-sweet chocolate chips to this batch of cookies but you can alternatively add raisins and/or nuts, such as chopped walnuts and pecans for additional flavor. With it’s crunchy texture, these cookies remind us of biscotti and so pair wonderfully with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut pieces of shortening and add to the dry ingredients until well combined.
- If too dry and crumbly, add 1-4 tbsp for cold water.
- Once combined, stir in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Place in fridge for one hour to chill. Dough can also stay in fridge 2-3 weeks.
- Make tbsp size balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets, press down gently in the center.
- Bake at 360F for 12 minutes.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
We have plenty of other delicious and comforting homemade cookies recipes to make and enjoy.
- Scrumptious Carrot Cake Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Almond Sugar Cookies
- Simple Waffle Cookies
- Coconut Crescent Moon Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies
Like it? Pin it for later!