If you are looking for an easy fruit salad recipe then you’ve come to the right place. This refreshing watermelon salad is just the special treat needed on those hot days to come in Summer.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
The Joy of Homemade Fruit Salad
With the main ingredients for this recipe being fresh watermelon, mango and grapes, it really is a delicious fruit comination. Keep in mind that it’s best to use seedless fruits when making this (or any) fruit salad at home.
Combine all the fresh fruit with a simple dressing of honey and lemon juice. And then top off the salad with some chopped mint leaves and chia seeds if desired. Additionally, you can add some lemon zest to the salad for extra color and texture.
Not only does the salad taste great but the best part is that it’s a healthy dessert option to enjoy at the end of the meal or between meals. The health benefits include improved hydration as well as an excellent protein source rich in fiber just to name a few.
If you find the fruit not as sweet as you like, simply add a little bit of white sugar to the mixture.
Storing the Fruit Salad
It’s best to prepare and serve this fruit salad not too far in advance so that the ripe fruit, particularly the waterlemon remains fresh and crisp. If necessary, keep the fruit mixture in an airtight container in the fridge keeping it cool and refreshing.
The salad can also be served at room temperature but our preferrance is to keep the fruit cool. If you plan to just store temperarily, you can use a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl until you’re ready to the dish.
Other Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes
We’ve included a few other recipes of best fruit salads to make at home using our favorite fruits.
How to Make a Fruit Salad with Fresh Fruit
This recipe serves about size to eight people.
Refreshing Watermelon Fruit Salad Recipe
- 7-8 cups of watermelon cubed
- 2 mangoes chopped
- 2 cups red grapes sliced in half
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1-2 tbsp mint leaves mix of finely chopped and whole mint leaves
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Mix honey and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Cut fruit into pieces – cubes for the watermelon and halves for the grapes. The mango can be cut into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Combine watermelon, mangoes, grapes in a big bowl.
- Pour the honey mixture over top and mix all together with chopped mint leaves and chia seeds.
- Tansfer the fruit mixture to a large salad bowl or serve in an individual fruit cup for your guests.
- Add some whole mint leaves to the top for color.
More Dessert Recipes Using Real Fruit
We have plenty of great recipes to try out here on the blog. These are some of our favorites seasonal fruits right from the fresh produce section.
- Dehydrated Pear Fruit Roll Up
- Homemade Membrillo
- Canning Pears with Reduced Sugar
- Streusel Cake Topped with Peaches
- No-Bake Blueberry Cream Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit. We hope you’ve found what you’re looking for and more! Let us know how your watermelon fruit salad turned out in the comments below.
Like it? Pin it for later!