If you’re looking for a quick and savoury side dish alternative, then look no further. This crispy potato pancake recipe is a crowd pleasure and you’ll be doubly pleased at how easy they are to make!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Perfect Potato Pancakes Every Time!
Potato pancakes with their crispy exterior and soft inside, make for a tasty, savoury side dish option. Instead of making a side of homemade french fries, consider potato pancakes for a different taste and texture.
Your best bet is to use a non stick skillet to fry the potato pancakes. And unlike french fries, potato pancakes don’t need to be fully submerged in oil. There just needs to be enough on the bottom of the pan for each side of the pancake to rest in, about 1/8″ high.
Potato Pancake Savoury Side Dish Recipe
- 1 skillet
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Finely grate potatoes and drain any liquid.
- Combine the eggs, flour, baking powder, onion, salt and pepper and potatoes in a bowl and mix together (if the mixture looks runny, add more flour).
- Add 1/8" of oil to the skillet. Heat the oil to medium..
- Using a large spoon or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter and drop into the heated oil. Press lightly to flatten.
- Fry one side and flip the pancake. When the pancake is a golden brown color the pancake is cooked.
What to Serve with Potato Pancakes
Potato pancakes are delicious on their own, topped with sauteed veggies or sauces or served alongside any of these delicious meals:
- Chicken Pesto Panini
- Garlic Sausages
- Croatian Cevapi
- Non-Breaded Beef Schnitzel
- Sauteed Vegetable Stew
Like it? Pin it for later!