Dive into the world of heavenly confectionery with our divine white chocolate cranberry pistachio cookies! Imagine biting into a cookie that offers a delectable mix of sweet and salty, creamy and tangy flavors, all in one bite. So, get ready to don your apron and transform simple ingredients into a mouth-watering masterpiece.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Delicious and Simple Pistachio Cookies
You’ll absolutely adore these white chocolate cranberry pistachio cookies for a multitude of reasons. They are a delightful blend of sweet and salty, with the creamy white chocolate, tart cranberries, and rich pistachios creating an irresistible flavor profile.
These cookies also offer a satisfying texture – the outer layer has a delightfully crisp bite, while the interiors are soft and chewy.
Not only that but the vibrant colors of the cranberries and pistachios against the white chocolate make these cookies visually enticing as well, making them perfect for holiday gatherings or as a gourmet gift.
Best of all, they’re easily customizable! So you can tweak the recipe to suit your taste.
Can You Use Different Types of Chocolate?
Absolutely, different types of chocolate can be used to customize these cookies according to your preference.
- Dark chocolate chips, for instance, can add a bittersweet twist that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the cranberries.
- Milk chocolate can bring a creamy, rich flavor that blends harmoniously with the nuttiness of the pistachios.
However, remember that the type of chocolate used might subtly alter the overall flavor profile of the cookies. Always feel free to experiment and find the combination that suits your taste buds best!
- 1 cup Cold Unsalted Butter
- 1 cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temp
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup dried Cranberries, reserve ⅛ cup for garnish
- 1 cup Pistachios, reserve ⅛ cup for garnish
- 3 tbsp Simple Syrup
How to Make Pistachio Cookies:
In a bowl of a stand mixer add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
Mix on medium until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time to the sugar mixture, with the mixer speed on low until combined.
In a large bowl add cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and whisk until combined.
Slowly add the dry mix to the sugar mixture, and mix on low speed.
Add in the white chocolate chips and cranberries, and pistachios, mix on low until combined.
Place the covered dough in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.
Using a large cookie scoop, create the dough into large balls and lightly press each cookie dough ball to flatten a bit.
Only place 4-5 on a baking sheet
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
In a small bowl, add the remaining cranberries and pistachios.
In a separate bowl, add your simple syrup
Using a baker’s paint brush, lightly coat your cookie in the simple syrup.
Sprinkle on the cranberry and pistachio garnish Set to the side to dry.
- Always ensure that your butter is cold when you start. Cold butter creates a flakier texture in the finished cookie.
- The dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for 1 month. Just be sure to bring it back to room temperature before baking.
- If you’re not a fan of pistachios, feel free to substitute them with other nuts like walnuts or almonds.
- For a more festive touch, consider adding a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. They continue to cook on the baking sheet even after they’re removed from the oven. Overbaking could result in hard cookies.
- For even baking, make sure each round of cookie dough is the same size. You can use a cookie or ice cream scoop for this.
- If you’re looking for a healthier option, replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
- Always cool your cookies on a wire rack to prevent them from becoming soggy.
Other Delightful Cookie Recipes to Make at Home
Inspired to make more cookies? Why not try these iced honey cookies? Or, for a healthier treat, try some soft and chewy zucchini cookies that are great to veggies into the kids without them realizing!
White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- 1 cup Cold Unsalted Butter cut into slices cut into slices
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs room temp
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Cake flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup White chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries reserve 1/8 cup for garnish
- 1 cup Pistachios reserve 1/8 cup for garnish
- 3 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix on medium until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time to the sugar mixture, with the mixer speed on low until combined.
- In a large bowl add cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mix into the sugar mixture, mix on low speed.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and cranberries, and pistachios, mix on low until combined.
- Place the covered dough in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.
- Using a large cookie scoop, create the dough into large balls and lightly press each cookie dough ball to flatten a bit.
- Place the dough on the parchment or silicone mat covered baking sheet.
- Only place 4-5 on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the top
- In a small bowl add the remaining cranberries and pistachios.
- In a separate bowl add your simple syrup.
- Using a bakers paint brush lightly coat your cookie in the simple syrup.
- Sprinkle on the cranberry and pistachio garnish.
- Set to the side to dry.
Like it? Pin it for later!