A wonderful and simple recipe for making soft and chewy cookies using freshly shredded zucchinis. We hope you think of this zucchini cookies recipe the next time you feel like baking a delicious dessert.
Tips for Baking with Zucchini
- Shred zucchini just before adding it into the cookie dough (or any kind of batter when cooking and baking with zucchini for that matter).
- Consider the zucchini, whether it is moist or more on the dry side and adjust the flour proportionas accordingly.
- As for achieving thick and fluffy cookies, leave the prepared dough in the fridge to chill for at least a half hour to one hour or longer if possible.
We’ve added a scoopful of semi-sweet chocolate chips for a bit of extra sweetness but you can also leave without or add a scoopful of raisins instead.
Soft and Chewy Zucchini Cookies Recipe
- Mix egg, sugar and vanilla.
- Melt butter but leave to cool for one minute before adding to egg mixture.
- Mix all together. Add salt.
- Fold in flour with baking powder, cinnamon and clove powder.
- Add in zucchini by hand.
- If the dough feels too runny, add a bit more flour.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips or raisins if desired.
- Chill in the fridge for half an hour to one hour.
- Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 365F for 12 min.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool for 5 min before transferring to a wire rack.
The dough freezes very well so if you want to make the dough in advance, place it in the freezer and remove to thaw before baking.
More Zucchini Recipes
Did you know zucchini was such a versatile vegetable? Not only is it great for adding to main meals, it’s a staple ingredient in many tasty dessert recipes! Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- Easy Zucchini Cake Recipe with Berries
- 30 Zucchini Recipes
Thankyou so much for stopping by! Enjoy your day and happy baking!
Like it? Pin it for later!