Delightful is one of the best ways to describe these raspberry dessert squares with their mildly sweet taste and crumbly crust. If you prefer natural, fruit flavours for dessert rather than overly sweet treats, then this recipe is a great option.
Delightful Dessert Squares Made with Raspberries
Aside from making delicious raspberry jam, I personally don’t think we use raspberries enough in our baking. But then again, I can’t get enough of simply munching on them right off the bush, which is delightful in itself.
This dessert is baked in a deep baking pan and then cut into squares to enjoy while still warm or after it’s cooled completely. Serve the squares alongside a scoop of vanilla icecream to enhance the flavor.
Fresh Raspberry Dessert Squares
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 10 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil or canola
- 2 packs vanilla pudding
- 1 cup raspberries
Preparing the Dough
- Mix together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture slowly until well blended.
- Add egg yolk one at a time. Continue mixing at med to high speed.
- If dough appears too dry, add 1 or 2 spoons of cold water.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- Place one portion in the freezer and the other in the fridge.
Preparing the Filling
- Mix egg whites on high speed until they form a peak.
- Combine sugars and then add one spoon at a time to the egg mixture.
- Slowly, add the oil and continue mixing.
- Sift the vanilla pudding powder and using a wooden spoon, mix filling ingredients together.
Assembling the Dessert
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll on a flat, lightly floured surface.
- Place inside a 9×12 parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Slowly incorporate raspberries into the filling mixture.
- Spread the filling into the pan. Level with a silicone spatula.
- Remove dough from the freezer and shred over top of another bowl. Once shredded, use fingers to sprinkle the shredded crumbles over top of the filling.
- Bake at 370F for 20-27minutes. Needs to be golden in color.
More Desserts to Try
We have plenty more fruity dessert recipes to try so be sure to check out any one of these mouth-watering, satisfying desserts.
- Blood Orange Dessert Bars Recipe
- Mom’s Scrumptious Apple Pita (Pie)
- Non Layered Strawberry Sponge Cake
- Cocoa Apple Cake Recipe
- Sour Cherry Cake Recipe
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit us here on the blog! We wish you a wonderful day and happy baking!
Like it? Pin it for later!