Delicious, soft and chewy cookies made with just the right amount of shredded bartlett pears are a real unexpected treat. Give this easy to make pear cookies recipe a try the next time you have pears on hand.
Delicious Cookies Made from Pears
With two large pear trees growing in our backyard, we are always thinking of creative and delicious ways to use the ripe bartlett pears. Although we mostly make fresh homemade pear pies, canned pears or sweet pear juice, I love this cookie recipe option just as well.
The cookies are soft and chewy with just the right amount of natural sweetness.
If Using Juicy Pears
When preparing the dough, it if appears to be too runny, add a bit more flour, about 1 tbsp at a time until the consistency improves. But if the pears are not very juicy, then extra flour won’t be needed. Additionally, the dough can be placed in a resealable freezer-safe bag and stored in the freezer until you are ready to bake a fresh batch of cookies. Cookies always taste best right out of the oven so I love that this dough freezes well.
Perfect Pear Cookies Recipe
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bartlett pear, shredded fine
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi sweet
- Mix egg, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Melt butter and leave it to cool for 1-2 minutes before adding to mixture.
- Mix all together. Add salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add in pears by hand and mix just until coated.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Chill in the fridge for half an hour to one hour.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 365F for 13 min.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Create icing for added flavor by combining 1/4 cup of icing sugar with 1/2 tbsp milk and drizzle over top of cookies.
More Cookie Recipes to Try
If you’re craving a batch of homemade cookies, try out some of these other tasty dessert options!
- Scrumptious Carrot Cake Cookies
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Jam Filled Linzer Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies
Thankyou so much for stopping by! We’d love to hear how this pear cookies recipe turned out for you so be sure to leave a comment below.
Like it? Pin it for later!