Sharing this simple dessert bar recipe consisting of a sweet and soft filling made with fresh blood oranges spread over top of a crumbly cookie crust and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Delicious Orange Dessert Bars Recipe
Simple and straightforward, dessert bars make a great option for baking when you don’t want to spend time making individual cookies. Simply prepare a baking pan and add the mixed ingredients inside the pan to bake. We used blood oranges for this dessert bar giving it that lovely, rich red color.
After baking, put the dessert bar to the side to cool completely to room temperature and then add a layer of powdered sugar just before serving and cutting into individual pieces.
Blood Orange Dessert Bars Recipe
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cups unsalted butter soft
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 X 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, and butter together until a soft dough forms.
- Press this dough evenly in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Add the zest, juice, sugar, flour, salt, and eggs into a blender/food processor.
- Pulse until light and frothy.
- When ready, remove the crust from the oven.
- Pulse the mixture one more time.
- Pour the filling on the top of the hot crust.
- Return to the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when done and set aside and cool completely to room temperature.
- Just prior to serving sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
More Desserts with Fruit
We love incorporating fresh fruit in to our dessert recipes! Check out some of these delicious dessert recipe options all made with fresh fruit:
- Cocoa Apple Cake
- Classic Plum Cake
- Classic Apple Pie
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Apricot and Pecan Tassies
- Blueberry Cream Pie
Like it? Pin it for later!