A delicious and hearty meal option, this traditional Croatian chicken and mushroom quiche recipe is sure to satisfy.
Satisfying Chicken and Mushroom Quiche Recipe
Known in Croatian as piletina sa gljivama, this is a main dish recipe for making a flavorful egg quiche loaded with diced chicken breast, sliced mushrooms, onions and fresh garlic. Unlike traditional quiche recipes, these instructions call for the beaten eggs to be poured over top of the chicken and mushroom mixture, creating a layered effect.
Topped with a melted layer of cheddar and mozarella cheeses, this quiche hits the mark in terms of flavor. You can also substitute the mozarella cheese with just cheddar cheese if desired.
Croatian Chicken and Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2 chicken breast pieces finely chopped
- 2 cups white mushrooms diced
- 1 tbsp Vegeta
- ¼ water as needed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese cheddar and mozzarella
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Saute the onion, garlic and oil together to release the flavors.
- Add chopped chicken and vegeta with onion mixture and saute together for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup water if it appears dry.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9 baking pan.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl with sour cream and milk. Combine well.
- Pour over the chicken mixture in pan.
- Bake at 370F for 30 minutes.
- When almost done, sprinkle finely chopped parsley and shredded cheese over top.
Having a backyard coop filled with egg- laying chickens, we are regularly looking for ways to incorporate eggs into our meals. This simple and easy egg salad recipe and our 3-ingredient baked meringue cookie recipe are just a couple of our favorite go-to egg recipes.
Serve your Quiche Alongside These Tasty Sides
- Easy Spring Mix Salad
- Sliced Tomato Salad
- Iceburg Wedge Salad
- Homemade Italian Bread
- Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Homemade French Fries
Mix Green Salad Sliced Tomatoes Iceburg Wedge Salad Italian Bread Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts French Fries
Like it? Pin it for later!