This is the best time of year to make all types of zucchini recipes including these delicious and wonderfully moist zucchini muffins loaded with sweet and satisfying chocolate chips.
Our Go-To Breakfast Muffins
With zucchini plants thriving in the garden at this time of year, we often make these breakfast muffins for the family to enjoy. They are super moist, delicious and full of tasty goodness. If you also have an abundance of zucchinis growing in your garden, you’ll appreciate the ease of this muffin recipe.
Although we’ve added chocolate chips to the batter for a bit of extra sweetness (mostly for the kids to enjoy), these zucchini muffins can also be made with chopped walnuts and raisins for a different taste. We also have a recipe on the blog for making zucchini cake where we’ve added red currants to the batter.
Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon) in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl beat eggs and with a fork blend in sugar and oil.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in to a greased muffin tray.
- Bake at 360°F for 20-25 minutes or until batter is cooked through fully.
- Remove from oven and let muffins cool before removing from tray.
More Zucchini Recipes!
If you’re looking for more recipes using zucchini as a main ingredient, we’ve got you covered with these tasty options, everything from main dishes to yummy desserts.
Like it? Pin it for later!