Tasty and moist, these easy to make strawberry rhubarb muffins are the perfect combination of sweet and sour flavors, making them a delightful dessert treat.
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffin Recipe
Growing my own rhubarb in the backyard means that it is by default the main ingredient of my baking at this time of the year. In addition to freezing the rhubarb stalks for later use and giving them away to neighbours and friends, there is plenty of baking happening. These strawberry rhubarb muffins make for a sweeter option over the classic rhubarb muffin recipe.
Adding the strawberries gives them a natural sweetness that pairs perfectly with the tart taste of the rhubarb. Although including the chopped walnuts is entirely optional, it gives the muffins a nice crunchy texture. The muffins also do freeze well so if you make any extra, simply place them in a air-tight, freezer safe container to save and enjoy for later.
Delightful Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- Chop strawberries and rhubarb ¼” thick and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Put aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and brown sugar until sugar dissolves. Slowly add oil and continue beating. Then add the vanilla sugar and salt.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, add and combine the dry ingredients and yogurt to egg mixture alternating between the two.
- Add rhubarb and mix just until combined.
- Add chopped walnuts if desired and stir.
- Pour batter in to a greased muffin tray.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until batter is cooked through fully. Remove from oven and let muffins cool before removing from tray.
More Tasty Recipes using Rhubarb
Love rhubarb as much as we do? Well we’ve got loads of tasty recipe options using rhubarb that are worthwhile making and enjoying, including our most popular springtime dessert, our best ever strawberry rhubarb crisp.
Like it? Pin it for later!