An excellent way to use leftovers, these savory baked turkey crepes are both hearty and makes for a delicious meal option for the whole family.
Turkey Filling for Crepes
Making our classic crepe batter recipe; which our family refers to as palačinke, has become a long standing tradition. Our kids love filling them with a chocolate spread or sweet stawberry jam and have actually even come to expect them on Saturday mornings! But this same crepe batter can be used to make savory dishes as well.
As a way of using up leftover turkey, you can create a tasty filling to fold inside of a classic crepe. We’ve also shared recipes for making these fried crepes with chicken and cheese filling as well as these warm baked crepes with cottage cheese.
Savory Baked Turkey Crepes
Classic Crepe Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk or soy milk for a dairy free option
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 2-3 tbsps oil or cooking spray
- 3 cups leftover turkey (or chicken) chopped
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp Vegeta
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs optional (plain or Italian)
Making the Crepes
- Whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined.
- Gradually whisk in the flour until all lumps are gone.
- While not completely necessary, it’s best to let the batter “rest” for about 15 minutes.
- Holding the frying pan in one hand, pour a ladle-full of batter onto the top center of the pan. Immediately and slowly start twisting the pan around to cover its surface with the batter. You’ll hear the sizzling of the palačinka start to slow down and the edges start to curl up when the side is done. Flip the palačinka over and cook the other side.
- Transfer crepe to a large plate and continue making more with remaining batter.
Making the Turkey Filling
- Saute chopped onion in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add parsley and seasoning.
- Add chopped turkey.
- Mix well together.
- Spread the 2-3 tbsp of filling over one half of the crepe.
- Add 2 tbsp mozzarella over the full crepe.
- Fold over the other half of the crepe and then fold again into quarters.
- Grease a glass baking pan with butter.
- Beat egg with 2 tbsp water.
- Prepare another bowl of bread crumbs.
- Dip folded crepe into egg mixture and then dip into crumbs.
- Place in a greased pan.
- Continue with remaining crepes and filling until baking pan is filled. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake 365F for 30 minutes.
Serve Alongside these Dishes
Like it? Pin it for later!