Whether you wish to add it to a drink mix or simply enjoy it on it’s own, we’ll show you how truly easy it is to make a delicious, homemade sour cherry liquer.
Delicious Sour Cherry Liquer Recipe
We are fortunate to have a sour cherry tree growing on our parent’s property in South-Western, Ontario. And in the past few years, the tree has produced so many delicious, juicy sour cherries. From the freshly picked cherries, we’ve enjoyed preparing and devouring homemade cheesecake from scratch, cherry pie filling for canning, and sour cherry moist vanilla cake.
Although it takes no time at all to layer all the ingredients together inside a sealable jar, enough time must be given for the ingredients to fully blend together. Place the sealed jar in a spot in the house that gets natural sunlight such as a windowsill and then flip the jar each week until ready. Be prepared to leave the mixture in the jar for at least one month before opening and serving.
How to Make Sour Cherry Liquer
- 1 750 ml jar with lid (does not need to be sterilized)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Vodka Smirnoff
- Sour cherries with pits enough to fill jar
- Place half the sugar at the bottom of the jar.
- Next, place sour cherries inside until they reach the halfway point.
- Add the remaining sugar.
- Fill cherries to the top of the jar.
- Sprinkle an additional 1 tbsp of sugar on top.
- Pour vodka into jar until cherries are covered fully.
- Seal with a sterilized lid.
- Turn upside down and place it on the window sill to get sunlight.
- Every week turn the jar over.
- In 4 weeks, the liquer will be ready.
More Delicious Cocktails to Make at Home
Cocktails are such a treat to make and serve for guests when they come to visit. Here are some of our most popular fruity drinks. Which one of these tasty cocktails wuld you like to try?
- Peach Bellini
- Peach & Blackberry Vodka Cocktail
- Apple Cider Bourbon
- Tequila Cranberry Spritzer
- Mango Margarita
Like it? Pin it for later!