With just the right amount of sweet and sour, this heavenly sour cherry cheesecake recipe will leave you wanting the biggest piece. And although it’s deliciously made from scratch, you’ll be amazed at the ease of this homemade cheesecake recipe.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
Delicious Made from Scratch Sour Cherry Cheesecake
Last week, we shared the recipe for making homemade cour cherry pie filling using fresh sour cherries. The filling can be used for a variety of desserts such as strudel, pie and of cheesecake. While you could always use a can of cherry pie filling and topping as a time-saver, we prefer to make our own filling for freshness and homestyle flavor.
The graham cookie base is baked for 15 minutes to the set the butter with the cookie crumbs and then cooled to room temperature before the layers of smooth cream cheese and pie filling are spread over top. Since cheesecake is always best when served cool so be sure to store the finished cheesecake in the fridge until serving.
Sour Cherry Cheesecake From Scratch Recipe
- 8×8 square glass pan or use a round removable base cake pan
- 500 grams cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 500 ml 35% whipping cream 4 cups when beaten
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 cups graham cookie crumbs
- 1 pouch Gelatine
- sour cherry filling
- In a medium sized bowl, combine graham cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Press it down into a lightly greased 8×8 glass pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Remove and put aside to cool down completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until light and fluffy. Put aside.
- Beat cream cheese with 3 tbsp powdered sugar until well blended. Add the whipping cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix together with an electric mixer.
- Dissolve the Gelatine powder according to the instructions on the packaging. Add Gelatine mixture and continue mixing until well blended.
- Spread over the cooled graham cookie crumb base.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the sour cherry pie filling. Find link to recipe for making sour cherry pie filling above.
- Remove chilled pan and spread the sour cherry pie filling over top evenly.
- Store the sour chery cheesecake in the fridge until ready to serve.
More Delicious Recipes using Cherries
If you love cherries, we’ve got you covered with these other homemade recipes using fresh and/or canned cherries.
Like it? Pin it for later!