Who can resist a refreshing cocktail on a hot summer day? And when you combine two of our favorite summer fruits, you can’t go wrong with this delicious peach and blackberry vodka cocktail idea.
It’s been such a cold long gray spring. We are impatiently waiting for some hot weekends at the cottage. When we get together as a family we enjoy trying out new cocktail recipes. That’s how we discovered our luscious peach Bellini which you just have to try.
However if you prefer your cocktails with vodka, this recipe made with blackberry and peach simple syrup may just become your new summer drink favorite.
We’re fortunate to have several blackberry bushes at the cottage. There’s nothing quite like pulling the sun-warmed berries off the thorny vines at their peak of ripeness. And this mixed drink recipe is just one great way to enjoy them.
This peach and blackberry vodka cocktail is perfect for enjoying alongside some snacks such as:
- zucchini cake with berries;
- sweet strawberry bruschetta with ricotta;
- watermelon pizza;
- ham and gruyere sliders with raspberry mayo;
- roasted cauliflower hummus.
Perfect Peach and Blackberry Vodka Cocktail
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1½ cups Water divided 1 cup, ½ cup
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 2 Peaches chopped
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
Directions for simple syrup:
- Put 1 cup water, sugar, blackberries and peaches into a small pot.
- Cook on medium until it comes to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve. Press fruit against the side using a spoon. This will get a lot a lot of flavor out.
To make one cocktail:
- Put ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in ¼ cup blackberry/peach simple syrup and 1/2 cup of water to make the base of the drink. If you are making it alcoholic, add 1 ½ oz vodka.
- Shake and pour over ice in a new glass.
We hope that summer comes quickly and that you get to enjoy many weekends in the sun. Is there a cocktail recipe that you recommend we should try?
Like it? Pin it for later!
Friday 23rd of April 2021
Just the way I like it, sweet and refreshing. Completely in love with the color and the combination of flavors, this is a winner, to make over and over again.
Jane and Sonja
Friday 23rd of April 2021
Thank you so much Silvia! It's absolutely refreshing :)
Valentine's Day Drink Ideas – Journey for Jasmine
Thursday 21st of January 2021
[…] Peach and Blueberry Vodka Cocktail combines the flavors of vodka, peach, and blueberry. This version is made by Sustain My Cooking […]
Tasty Caramel Apple Cider with Bourbon Cocktail - Sustain My Cooking Habit
Wednesday 26th of August 2020
[…] Perfect peach and blackberry vodka cocktail […]
Pineapple Margaritas – My Blog
Monday 22nd of June 2020
[…] Pineapple Margaritas are just one of the many ways that you can cool down during the summer, some of my other favorite summer drink recipes include Mai Tai’s, Strawberry Daiquiri’s and this Peach and Blackberry Vodka Cocktail. […]
75+ Simple Summer Cocktail Recipes - Drugstore Divas
Thursday 18th of June 2020
[…] 66. Peach and Blackberry Vodka Cocktail […]