Sharing this simple recipe for making delicious, savory scallops wrapped in bacon and perfectly baked in the oven.
Delicious Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
Given the price of scallops these days, preparing scallops for dinner tends to be reserved for special occasions and get togethers or as a flavorful appetizer to go with the main dish. Seafood in general, such as our shrimp puff pastry and garlic shrimp scampi are dishes I would love to prepare more often but appreciate them all that much more on those special occasions.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
In this recipe, we use salt and pepper along with garlic butter (recipe for this coming soon!) but alternatively you could also use butter with seafood seasoning mix in which case you won’t need to add salt and pepper.
Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 6 pieces scallops fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package bacon
- 1/4 cup garlic butter softened
- 1 tsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to the scallops.
- Brush softened garlic butter on to the scallops.
- Wrap each scallop in a slice of bacon.
- Add a tsp of soft butter to bottom of glass baking dish.
- Place scallops in a glass baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 360°F.
- Uncover and continue baking until bacon is cooked fully through.
- If cooking scallops from frozen, it will take longer to cook. Also, DO NOT cover with foil if using frozen scallops.
- If you find the dish too watery after 25 minutes, strain the liquid and continue to bake another 5 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Serve Along Side These Delicious Dishes:
- Rice and peas
- Swiss chard and potatoes
- Non-creamy pasta salad
- Non-creamy potato salad
- Sliced tomato salad
- Cooked flat beans and tomato
Like it? Pin it for later!