These delightful jam-filled cookies, sprinkled with icing sugar are the perfect bite-sized treat to enjoy. And since this dessert recipe calls for just six ingredients in total, they’re also a real treat to make.
Jam Filled Cookie Rolls – No Eggs Needed
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that doesn’t include eggs, than this is a great option for you! Furthermore, with only a few ingredients, these cookie rolls can be prepared fairly quickly.
Keep in mind that it’s best to use a thicker jam, one that will hold it’s shape when baked such as plum jam or quince jam. You don’t want the jam to melt or ooze out of the dough while baking.
Lastly, add a dusting of icing sugar mixed with vanilla sugar over top of the cookie rolls just before serving. Enjoy!
Homemade Jam Recipes to Try
You can make these cookies with any kind of jam you like, we prefer a thicker jam (like a plum jam or a quince jam) that’s more firm and holds its shape at room temperature. but you could also use any of these homemade jams:
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes to Make
Try out some of these other tasty cookies with delicious fillings!
- Jam Filled Crescent Cookies
- Jam Filled Linzer Cookies
- Croatian Skoljkice Shell Cookies
- Croatian Peach Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Sandwich Cookies
Delightful Jam Filled Cookie Rolls
- 2 cups flour all purpose
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 cup jam plum or quince
- Mix butter with powdered sugar until blended.
- Add sour cream and vanilla sugar.
- Mix all together.
- Add flour slowly and using the flat beater attachment mix all together until all combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead by hand on a floured surface.
- If too soft, add more flour. Need to be able to roll out thin, approx 3-4mm thickness and measuring about 10" x 13" in size. Trim away the uneven edges to make an even rectangular shape.
- Divide into 3 wide strips, approx. 3" wide each.
- Use jam at room temp and spread down the center of each strip. You can also use a piping attachment.
- Pinch together both sides of the 3" strip to enclose jam inside and then gently roll to make smooth rounded edges.
- Lay the prepared pieces on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Cut into desired lengths, approx, 1”long.
- Bake for 17min at 360F.
- Remove from the oven and keep on the tray until they cool.
- Mix powdered sugar with vanilla sugar and sift over top of cooled cookies.
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit. We’d love to hear how your jam-filled cookie rolls turn out so please leave us a comment below.
Like it? Pin it for later!