An easy to follow dessert recipe for making a delicious, moist coconut cake topped with a smooth and decadent chocolate glaze.
Irresistable Coconut Cake with a Smooth Chocolate Glaze Topping
The shredded coconuts are mixed right in to the cake batter giving the cake an expected yet welcoming texture which pairs perfectly with the moist and dense vanilla cake. The semi-sweet chocolate glaze compliments the taste of the coconuts.
Irresistable is one of the best words I can think of to describe this delicious dessert, which I could barely wait for it to cool before cutting into it. As you can see from this first slice of cake, the glaze was still warm when I cut into it causing it to pour over the sides.
Some Helpful Baking Tips
- Greek yogurt can also be used instead of vanilla yogurt but add more granulated sugar (1/4 cup) to maintain the sweetness.
- The cake batter should be thicker than the consistency of pancake batter. If it is too runny, add a bit more flour.
- Insert a knife between the cake pan and cake to help release it from the springform cake pan.
- Be sure to cool the cake completely before adding the glaze topping.
Coconut Cake with Chocolate Glazed Topping
- 1 9" Springform Cake Pan
- 1 Electric Beater
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix yogurt with sugar and vanilla sugar with electric beater.
- Add oil slowly and mix all together at low speed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
- Alternate adding the milk and flour mixture into the yogurt mixture and continue mixing altogether at a low speed.
- Fold in the shredded coconuts with a wooden spoon.
- Using a springform cake pan, grease the inside of the pan with oil.
- Preheat 360F, bake for 50 minutes. Stick a toothpick inside to make sure it is cooked fully inside.
- Leave it to cool completely. Carefully remove the cake from the cake pan and move to a serving platter.
- Put the pot on low heat and melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with 3 tbsp oil.
- Continue stirring until completely melted and combined.
- Pour over top of the cooled cake and let topping harden before serving. Can be put in the fridge to harden quicker although the glaze will loose the sheen.
More Delicious Cakes to Make
While you’re here, be sure to check out these other delicious cake recipes, all of which call for fruit in their ingredient list.
- Classic Plum Cake
- Cocoa Apple Cake
- Classic Orange Bundt Cake
- Sweet and Sour Red Currant Cake
- Strawberry Sponge Cake with Chocolate Chips
Like it? Pin it for later!