Show someone you care with this sweet Valentine cookie recipe using pink and red colored M&M chocolate treats.
Valentine Cookie Recipe with M&Ms
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you chose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
In our house, Valentine’s Day is pretty much just another day. I’m not much for big romantic gestures although I do appreciate giving and receiving a little something sweet. This year, more than any other year, we will spend the day at home and make some homemade yummy treats. This Valentine cookie recipe using M&Ms milk chocolate candy is perfect for kids as they love those crunchie colorful candies. Although I’m certain my hubby and his sweet tooth won’t mind them one bit.
M&M Valentine Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Cups Valentines Day M&M’s You’ll only need 2 cups for the cookie dough since you’ll probably snack on 1 cup of M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in 1½ cups of the M&Ms.
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
Looking for More Sweet Treats for Valentine’s Day?
Check out these Valentine cookie recipes for ways to sweet to celebrate the day:
- Valentine’s Day treats for kids
- Hot chocolate cocoa bombs
- Mini heart cakes
- Apple cinnamon buns
- Hershey kiss cookies
- Strawberry cake mix cookies
Other Ways to Show you Care
Around Valentine’s Day, crafting is yet another way to show someone you care! I previously made these sparkly painted clay pots and filled them with candy for my nieces to enjoy as well as these Valentines glass gift jars filled with Hershey kisses.
Like it? Pin it for later!