Muffins are a grab-and-go morning favourite in our home. These light and fluffy blueberry muffins with sour cream are a delicious way to start the day.
Summertime is an absolute favourite to enjoy all those in-season fruits and berries. In fact we have a whole collection of over 20 fresh berry desserts to try.
I actually didn’t enjoy blueberries until adulthood. But now I can’t seem to get enough! Luckily the kids love these nutrient packed little gems.
These light and fluffy blueberry muffins with sour cream recipe actually work well with any fresh or frozen berries. Made with light sour cream (or low-fat yogurt) they’re actually a lower-calorie alternative to regular muffins.
TIP: To keep your blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your muffins (as they did in ours!) try lightly coating them in flour before adding them to the batter.
Light and Fluffy Blueberry Muffins with Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line or lightly oil the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream, sugar and milk until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined (don't over-mix).
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
And that’s it! We hope you enjoy this easy blueberry muffins recipe as much as we do.
For all you fellow muffin fans, here are a few additional recipes to try:
- easy pumpkin muffins with Nutella swirl;
- high fiber superfood muffins;
- avocado banana muffins;
- bacon and pancake muffins (what???);
- strawberry banana muffins;
- adorable cinnamon roll muffins;
- savory ham and cheese muffins.
Like it? Pin it for later!