For your next home cooked meal, consider preparing a pan of oven roasted potatoes to pair with a satisfying main dish. This side is made up of a mix of baked white and sweet potatoes along with tasty carrots.
The Perfect Side Dish: Oven Roasted Potatoes
Oven roasted potatoes are one of those delicious comfort foods that instantly bring me to a happy place. Most often prepared on the weekend when there is more time to cook and more time to enjoy a hearty, satisfying meal with the family.
Mixing the sweet potatoes together with regular white potatoes gives a balance taste and texture. And the carrots are also a nice addition although not entirely necessary if you don’t have them on hand.
How Long to Roast a Mix of White and Sweet Potatoes?
Sweet potatoes do take less time to cook through and will soften quicker than white potatoes. However, both types of potatoes can be baked together for the same amount of time. When checking if potatoes are fully cooked, be sure to pierce the white potatoes (and not just the sweet potatoes) with a fork. If it pierces through the potato with ease, then they are ready to eat.
Perfectly Prepared Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- 5 medium sized white potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1-2 carrots peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into large cubes.
- Peel and cut carrots into larger pieces, about 1" long.
- Place in a lare bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a roasting pan and drizzle vegetable oil over top. Cover with a lid.
- Bake at 380F for 50-60 minutes until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Stir potatoes an carrots occasionally while baking.
- Remove the lid from pan for the last 10 minutes.
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potatoes are one of those sides that pair perfectly with so many meals! Add them to any of these delicious mains:
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Roast Roll (coming soon)
- Roast Beef
- Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Pesto Panini
- Easy Garlic Sausages
- Crispy Chicken Strips
Thankyou so much for stopping by to visit us here on the blog. Let us know how your oven roasted potatoes turned out and what you like to pair them with in the comments below.
Like it? Pin it for later!