A perfect side dish, this flavourful pasta salad with a non-creamy homestyle vinaigrette dressing is quick to make and lasts for days in the fridge.
An Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
We are a family that loves our leftovers. In fact, some things taste better the next day, such as our easy crepes with leftover chicken and cheese filling; non-creamy potato salad; simple and tasty romano bean salad; yellow pole bean salad and this simple vegetable pasta salad.
Mixing ingredients you already have at home (vinegar and oil), this non-creamy dressing is a staple in our household. A healthier alternative to a mayonnaise or heavy cream-based dressing option, this vinaigrette is light and not lacking any flavour. Thankfully, we make plenty of homemade apple cider vinegar to use in our salads.
The Ultimate Non Creamy Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups shell macaroni
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup brocolli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 cup green or spanish onion, chopped
- Chop all the vegetables and shred the carrots.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegetables and a few dashes of salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes while pasta cooks.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Pour dressing over the salad; toss and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for days.
To adjust the flavours, switch out the vegetables with different local in-season veggies, such as zucchini, red bell peppers and halved cherry tomoatoes.
Looking for more Easy to Make Side Dishes?
If you’re pressed for time, consider making any one of these easy side dish recipes:
- Frozen perogies with bread crumbs
- Delicious and easy egg salad
- Non-creamy potato salad
- Yellow pole bean salad
Like it? Pin it for later!