These snow capped pecan shortbread cookies are fairly quick and easy to make but absolutely delicious! The combination of light and buttery pecan shortbread cookie dipped in semi sweet milk and white chocolate make it impossible to resist. Go ahead and try to resist although we’re certain you won’t be able to!
Baking cookies for the holidays is a family tradition and this pecan shortbread recipe is one of our all time favourites. It’s a MUST in our traditional holiday baking marathon which we talked about in our previous Chocolate Drizzled Ginger Sugar Cookies post.
We found this original recipe in a Kraft Canada magazine many years ago. Well, actually one of the husbands made the very first batch and ever since we’ve been hooked.
Snow Capped Shortbread Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 squares semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 3 squares white chocolate coarsely grated
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
- Combine flour and pecans, set aside. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla.Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Roll dough into 36 balls, each about ¾ inch in diameter (bonus: they are teeny-tiny si you can feel less guilt). Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Grate white chocolate into a shallow bowl; set aside. Microwave semi sweet chocolate in a microwaveable bowl on medium 1 ½ minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Dip each cookie halfway in the melted chocolate, then in the grated white chocolate to create a snowy appearance. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
These are so great to package up and give as a hostess gift (you can use our free printable Christmas gift tags), or to share with your co-workers at your company Christmas party. We also have 5 simple last-minute gift ideas you can make with items from your kitchen!
What is your favourite Christmas cookie?
Christmas Cookies - Over 50 Recipes – Love, Tabitha
Wednesday 14th of July 2021
[…] Snow Capped Pecan Shortbread Cookies by Sustain My Cooking Habit […]
Top 100 Christmas Cookie Recipes | Rachel Corinne
Friday 11th of December 2020
[…] Snow Capped Pecan Shortbread Cookies […]
cookie exchange recipes-blog roundup-food-sorella vibes
Sunday 15th of November 2020
[…] Sustain My Cooking Habit […]
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes
Friday 13th of November 2020
[…] in chocolate and sprinkled with icing sugar, these tasty shortbread cookies are fun and […]
No-Bake Raffaello Coconut Balls Recipe - Sustain My Cooking Habit
Wednesday 11th of December 2019
[…] also love to bring our snow-capped pecan shortbread cookies and these delicious chewy molasses […]