Coated with sweet caramel, white chocolate and crunchy granola, this caramel apples recipe is sure to have you back to the store for more apples!
It’s apple season and we have been making the most of it!
Several weeks ago you would have found Sonja in the trees with the kids, picking our early crop of apples.
This was a great year for our apple harvest. We really have only two productive apple trees: this Mutsu (green apples) and a red delicious. Both trees were loaded, which hasn’t happened in quite a while!
Although we were able to collect several bushels full of apples, they quickly got put to use! Every year mom makes several gallons of homemade apple cider vinegar. She also mixes them into her favorite jams and jellies each year.
Do you have a favorite apple recipe? Leave it for us in the comments below.
Ingredients Needed to Make these Caramel Apples
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can find our full disclosure here.
- 6 apples orchard picked are better, no wax
- 1 – 11 oz package caramels
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of your favorite granola (such as this dark chocolate and red berries one!)
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 skewers for candy apples
- 6 paper straws to decorate sticks
How to make Granola-Dipped Caramel Apples
Wash apples in warm water to get rid of any wax and chill for 1-2 hours
In a pot, melt caramels with the water.
In a double boiler, melt white chocolate in a dish.
Insert sticks into apples and dip apples into caramel.
Once slightly cooled, dip apples into melted white chocolate.
Immediately dip the caramel apples into the granola.
Place on parchment paper. Place apples in the refrigerator about 30 minutes to set up.
Before serving your candied apples, cut straws to size and snip up one side so that it can open and wrap around the stick.
Additional Apple Dessert Recipes you’ll Love:
- our mom’s delicious apple pita pie;
- 5 ingredient caramel apple pie bombs;
- cinnamon apple rhubarb pie;
- caramel apple cupcakes;
- apple cinnamon monkey bread.
Granola-Dipped Caramel Apples
- 6 apples
- 1 11 oz package caramels
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 wood skewers for apples
- 6 paper straws
- 1 cup granola
- Wash apples in warm water to get rid of any wax and chill for 1-2 hours before dipping.
- In a pot, melt caramels and water.
- In a double boiler, melt white chocolate in a dish.
- Insert sticks into apples and dip apples into caramel.
- Dip caramel apples in white chocolate and then in granola.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Place apples in the refridgerator to set up.
- Before serving, cut straws to size and snip up one side so that it can open and wrap around stick.
Like it? Pin it for later!
25 Apple Recipes for Kids - Modern Homestead Mama
Saturday 12th of December 2020
[…] 5. Granola Dipped Caramel Apples […]
50+ Cheap Thanksgiving Desserts - Life and a Budget
Wednesday 6th of November 2019
[…] Granola Dipped Caramel Apples Recipe by Sustain My Cooking Habit […]