With a moist chocolate cake bottom layer and smooth, creamy topping, making a batch of these adorable mini cakes for Valentine’s Day will show someone just how much you care.
Valentine’s Day Mini Cakes
Going the extra mile to prepare a special meal or thoughtful dessert for Valentine’s Day or a birthday can make all the difference in someone’s day. Above other forms of gift giving, sharing the gift of food has always been our preference. Whether it’s a simple homemade heart-shaped pizza, these M&M Valentine’s Day cookies or any one of these sweet treats for kids, it’s the small acts of kindness that are appreciated.
Baked and prepared fully in a single baking pan, these individual mini cakes are then cut using a heart shaped cookie cutter and then topped with a thin layer of strawberry jam. Although it adds an extra bit of flavour, this final step can of course be skipped if you rather have without any jam.
Valentine’s Day Mini Cakes Recipe
- 2.5 cups milk divided
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
Preparing the Cake Batter
- Mix egg whites with a pinch of salt on high speed for 4 minutes. Put aside into a different bowl and clean the bowl.
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cut cold butter into saucepan with melted chocolate and continue mixing until blended.
- Place the 3 egg yolks with sugar into a mixing bowl and mix together well.
- When sugar is dissolved, add butter and chocolate mixture. Keep mixing on low.
- Add flour, by spoonfuls on lowest speed.
- Add egg white mixture slowly and continue mixing just until fully blended.
- Pour batter in to a 12×9 deep dish baking pan.
- Prehat oven at 360F and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Place 1/2 cup cold milk with corn starch to dissolve the corn starch.
- Place remaining milk on the stovetop in a sauce pan, add the cornstarch mixture with icing sugar and blend together until it thickens on medium heat.
- Cut cold butter into the mixture, whisk quickly until butter melts.
- Pour hot thick cream over top of the cool cake and level.
- Leave it cool completely. Place in the fridge.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Top with jam, sprinkles or leave plain.
More Valentine’s Day Desserts
Feel the love with these heart-themed dessert recipes:
- Chocolate and Coconut Coated Mini Heart Cakes
- M&M Valentine Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Bun Recipe
- Sweet Valentine Treats for Kids
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! We’ve also been crafting up a storm of Valentine’s Day themed projects over at Sustain My Craft Habit so be sure to visit us there to satisfy your crafty side.
Like it? Pin it for later!