Looking for a quick and simple St. Patrick’s Day sweet treat? This easy green crinkle cookies recipe is sure to entice any leprechaun in your home.
In the midst of our drab and brown March in Toronto, St. Patrick’s Day comes at the perfectly lucky time to add some color and fun!
Celebrating the day doesn’t have to take a lot of effort. A few simple decorations such as our painted shamROCKS and gold nuggets, some delicious food and drinks and you’ve got a party!
These easy green crinkle cookies are so easy to make I have my little leprechauns to most of the work. Of course, they’re also the ones who love to eat them!
Ingredients Needed for Green Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ sticks butter (softened)
- 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
How to Make Leprechaun Cookies
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, butter, pudding, eggs and vanilla and mix for until combined.
In another mixing bowl mix flour and baking soda together.
Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Add food coloring and mix.
Scoop 1-inch balls and roll them in the powdered sugar.
Then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Place on a cooling rack.
Serve & enjoy!
Are you looking forward to St. Paddy’s Day? Do you celebrate with friend and family?
Green Crinkle Cookies Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sugar, butter, pudding, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another mixing bowl combine flour and baking soda together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Add food coloring and mix.
- Scoop 1-inch balls and roll them in the powdered sugar then place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack.
Like it? Pin if for later!